Within this vault are interred the remains of John Child who departed this life April 26th 1837 aged 71 years. Also Elizabeth, relict of the above who died May 28th 1843 aged 73 years and Jemima Child who died April 24th 1850 aged 58 years.
1837 Apr 29th John Child. Easington 71.
1843 May 31st Elizabeth Child, Easington 75.
1850 Apr 27th Jemima Child. Easington 58.
John Child (the father of William Child) also resided at Rectory Farm.
He was described by George Poulson as “an excellent artist and antiquary”. One of his engravings of a tomb in Welwick Church appears in Poulson's A History of the Seigniory of Holderness.
Copies of his drawings of the Old Kilnsea cross appeared in The Lost Towns of the Yorkshire Coast by Thomas Sheppard.